Re: [BUG] Conflict between Org hyperlink and auto-complete (I think) [9.

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Conflict between Org hyperlink and auto-complete (I think) [9.6 ( @ /home/dsmasterson/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.6/)]
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2023 12:26:17 +0000

David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> writes:

>> You may consider using https://github.com/Malabarba/elisp-bug-hunter
>
> I think I'll add this package to my setup, but I don't think it can help
> in this case as it's an infinite loop bug.  Once it's locked in the
> loop, I have to kill emacs, so elisp-bug-hunter would never have a
> chance to report anything.

You can use interactive bisection.
See https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87ee2nlslt.fsf@localhost/ and
https://cubeatic.com/index.php/s/iQakFWXgxsJzyXP

> Question: does Org scan (some part of the) text *AS* you are typing?
>
> I'm beginning to think that the answer is 'no' and, so, it was
> auto-complete that tripped on a sequence of characters.  I'll have to
> look at which part of auto-complete did it.

Yes, Org does scan things as you type. However, you should always be
able to exit upon typing C-g (maybe
`org-element--cache-interrupt-C-g-max-count' times).

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,