[bug] Org mode 9.6.1: Subtree export without body creates an empty code

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: [bug] Org mode 9.6.1: Subtree export without body creates an empty code block on export
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 18:13:02 -0500

Hello,

This issue is best explained with this small example.

1. Create this Org buffer:

=====

* Post 1
:PROPERTIES:
:EXPORT_FILE_NAME: foo
:END:
* Post 2
=====

2. Place the cursor at the end of :END:
3. C-c C-e C-s t A

You get this:

=====
                                ________

                                 POST 1
                                ________

,----

`----
=====

Note the empty code block exported (I see this for any backend; but I discovered this as I was locally running the ox-hugo test suite.. and a few dozen tests which did not have any body in the subtrees, I saw these empty code blocks), which is not present in the Org source.

If I delete the "* Post 2" line, that empty code block is not exported (as expected).

Org mode version 9.6.1 (release_9.6.1-116-g07c63d).

--
Kaushal Modi