Re: [BUG] Shift-up/down move the cursor to end of timestamp

From: Johannes Dahl
Subject: Re: [BUG] Shift-up/down move the cursor to end of timestamp
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 11:23:21 +0200

On Wed, 7 Dec 2022 at 12:54, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:

> Daniel Clemente <n142857@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Using a file with just one header:
> >
> > * something
> >   :CLOCK:
> >   CLOCK: [2022-12-01 Thu 17:15]--[2022-12-01 Thu 17:30] =>  0:15
> >   :END:
> >
> > If I put the cursor on the end timestamp (on the 3 of 17:30) and press
> > shift+up or shift-down, the timestamp is correctly adjusted by 5 minutes,
> > but the cursor jumps some characters to the right and stays at the right of
> > ]
> > It should stay on the same character (the 3), so that I can keep adjusting
> > the minutes with shift-up/down
>
> Thanks for reporting!
> Fixed on bugfix.
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=4dddbc143

I, too, was affected by this bug, and, with the release of org-mode 9.6.1, can
confirm that it has been fixed. However, the same problem (cursor is positioned
after closing bracket) occurs with the related commands org-shiftcontrolup and
org-shiftcontroldown. (For completeness: in 9.6.0 they were even slightly more
broken in that they shifted the timestamps in different directions.)

Johannes