Re: [BUG] org-agenda-span treats 7 differently [9.4.6 (9.4.6-g3ba46c @ ~

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-agenda-span treats 7 differently [9.4.6 (9.4.6-g3ba46c @ ~/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 09:25:50 +0000

Eppo Math <eppolito.math@gmail.com> writes:

> Many thanks in advance for taking the time to read this!
>
> Issue: In an org agenda block (fed to org-agenda-custom-commands), the
> number 7 passed to org-agenda-span causes the resulting block to begin
> on the first day of the week, ignoring org-agenda-start-day.
>
> Expected Behaviour: org-agenda-start-day and org-agenda-span should be
> options with independent behaviours.
>
> Actual Behaviour: When org-agenda-span is set to 7, the given argument
> org-agenda-start-day is ignored.

This is because of `org-agenda-start-on-weekday' defaulting to 1.
You can bind it to nil in your custom agenda view.

I think we can update the docstrings for `org-agenda-start-day' and
`org-agenda-start-on-weekday' explaining that the latter takes
precedence when agenda span is a week or more.

Will it be enough for you?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,