Re: [BUG] ob-sql sql-connection-alist

From: Daniel Kraus
Subject: Re: [BUG] ob-sql sql-connection-alist
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 11:25:18 +0100

Hi!

Andreas Gerler <baron@bundesbrandschatzamt.de> writes:

> Last week I heard about using ob-sql with credentials stored in the variable
> used by isql.
> However I had to modify ob-sql to get it actually working.
> Can somebody test the pach before I send in a commit?
>
> #+begin_src sql :engine mysql :dbconnection testdb
> show tables;
> #+end_src

I actually use this feature daily.
You have to quote the dbconnection. So this works currently:

> #+begin_src sql :engine mysql :dbconnection 'testdb

but I would agree that not needing the quote makes sense.
And since `assoc-string` works with symbol and string (i.e. it's backwards
compatible)
I would install the patch if you send it.

> I was considering writing another patch to map the sql-product to engine.
> That way we could get rid of another parameter in the src block.
> Opinions?

I agree. Specifying :engine when it's already in the connection-alist is
unnecessary.

Thanks,
  Daniel