Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-ag

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-agenda
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 11:21:24 +0000

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> * Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> [2023-01-14 16:23]:
>> But why do we need any time zone data? All we need to converting from
>> and to internal Emacs' time representation supplying the correct time
>> zone to it.
>
> When Org file is very personal and location centric, then there is no
> need for it.
>
> When Org file has assigned, shared tasks, and is related to other
> people in various locations over the world, then it becomes important.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood what I am saying here.

I was referring to a need for Org code to retrieve some kind of
timezone-specific data other than converting timestamps with time zone to
and back from the internal time representation.

In another message, I also mentioned an idea of specifying time zone
globally or per file. Other suggestion was per-heading specification. In
addition to time zone being specified directly inside the timestamp.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,