Re: org-todo-keywords and task sequence

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: org-todo-keywords and task sequence
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 10:08:08 -0800

Daniel Fleischer <danflscr@gmail.com> writes:

> Daniel Fleischer [2023-01-17 Tue 10:10] wrote:
>
>> Don't let the cyclical switching dictates the meaning, it's just an
>> implementation detail, done for simplicity. Hope it helped.
>
> Put another way, if you define A B | C D E
>
> and the UI switching is A->B->C->D->E->A
>
> it doesn't mean the B going into C makes sense or D going into E makes
> sense, it's just how the UI is built. You give meaning to the states and
> what states transitions are valid (in your world). Like many things, org
> gives some structure to work with and we need to give the meaning.

The problem is (I think), when you attach @ or ! to the state and, as you
cycle thru (S-right), new unintended notes will be added as you cycle to
the state you're looking for.  True?

Can you repeat a keyword in org-todo-keywords? Perhaps there should be a
sparse table defining, for a current state, what are the potential next
states?  Org-Edna...?

--
David Masterson