Re: New face: org-agenda-calendar-timerange

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: New face: org-agenda-calendar-timerange
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 11:00:05 +0000

gautier@gautierponsinet.xyz writes:

> So, the current situation is the following:
> Is that correct?

Yes. "simple date with hour range" should be displayed the same with
"timerange (same day)", including faces and begin/end time being
displayed together.

It will be the most consistent.

> By the way, the entries "simple date with hour range" and "timerange (on
> the same day)" are also presented differently in the agenda view, the
> first ones look like:
>    agenda:     10:00-15:00 Test simple date with hour range
> while the second ones look like:
>    agenda:     10:00 ┄┄┄┄┄ Test timerange (on the same day)
>
> Should this change as well?

Yes, if you can.

> This would be nice. However, this requires more complexes changes. I
> don't know if I am capable of preparing such a patch, but I can give it
> a try.

Applying faces should be easier. You may just add code applying
`org-agenda-calendar-event' face when timestamp is within a single day
to `org-agenda-get-blocks'. See d1 and d2 variables. They store
start/end date.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,