Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-ag

From: Alexander Adolf
Subject: Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-agenda
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 18:33:24 +0100

Daryl Manning <daryl@wakatara.com> writes:

> [...]
> I'd just be excited to have us run through the basic use cases and then see
> some more "tricky" ones. I imagine there are things we'd just have to
> say... too tricky for (eg. flight takes off in one TZ and range allows it
> to land in timezone... stuff like that might be tricky.).
> [...]

This case doesn't seem tricky to me for as long as both time
specifications have time zone information.

For cross-timezone flights, the VCS calendar appointments airlines send
out by email to customers typically have start and end times given in
UTC. The user's calendaring app will convert that to the time zone in
which the OS of the user's laptop currently pretends to be.

Same thing for flights spanning DST changeovers, btw. A UTC
specification is unambiguous in this case, too.