Re: Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch)

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch)
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 11:44:19 +0700

On 22/01/2023 04:32, AW wrote:

How can I have a link in an orgmode file to an E-Mail using either a feature of
kmail oder notmuch ?

I am not a kmail user, but out of curiosity I spent a couple of minutes trying to find some way to link messages. The only result is some old blog post suggesting to create links to files (it seems storage format is maildir).

So it seems the only way to get it possible in future is to file a feature request to implement "mid:" URI schema

RFC 2392 - Content-ID and Message-ID Uniform Resource Locators. 1998
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2392

I was surprised that "mid:" had been reserved many years ago by

Berners-Lee, T., Masinter, L., and M. McCahill, "Uniform Resource Locators (URL)", RFC 1738, December 1994

E.g. thunderbird implemented such feature relatively recently and it allows me to have links like

AW to emacs-orgmode. Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch) Sat, 21 Jan 2023 22:32:47 +0100. mid:3218434.44csPzL39Z@linux.fritz.box

in my Org files.