Re: Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch)
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 12:38:34 +0300

* Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> [2023-01-22 11:34]:
> We could support mid: is the corresponding url schema existed and
> supported by various OSes.

Instead of supporting hard coded `mid:` in Org, you better support
generally anything that users may define with variable
`browse-url-handlers` and `browse-url-default-handlers` or
`thing-at-point-uri-schemes', that way you need not need to hard code
it in Org, let it be handled on Emacs level.

Hide browse-url-handlers:
'(("gemini:" . elpher-go)
  ("gopher:" . elpher-handler-go)
  ("about:" . hyperscope-about)
  ("mid:" . mutt-by-message-id)
  ("hyperscope:" . hyperscope-go)
  ("e2dk://" . amule-handler))

Unless it already works that way.

But on my side it opens up GUI widget telling me "No match, create
heading" -- which is wrong.

If I however, turn on M-x goto-address-mode then about:hyperscope and
mid:123 starts working automatically, it is handled by user's choice.

List of URI Schemes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_URI_schemes

--
Jean