Re: orgmode website contributions to translations? -- Was: It's possible

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: orgmode website contributions to translations? -- Was: It's possible, to translate the org-mode website into Spanish?
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 12:06:18 +0000

Ruijie Yu via "General discussions about Org-mode."
<emacs-orgmode@gnu.org> writes:

> This intrigues me as well.  I would like to extend this question into a
> more general one: how does one contribute translations to an existing
> language, and/or to a new language?

CCing Bastien.

The main issue with non-English translations is maintenance. As you
noticed, English and non-English pages are already out of sync.

We need some better way to maintain translations. For example, we may
maintain a checksum of the translation vs. original English version
per-paragraph or per-section. Then, we can automate export for
non-English pages that will only use the translations that correspond to
the originally translated paragraphs and fall back to English otherwise.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,