Re: [BUG] ob-shell doesn't evaluate last line on Windows (cmd/cmdproxy)

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] ob-shell doesn't evaluate last line on Windows (cmd/cmdproxy) [9.6.1 ( @ c:/Users/Osher/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.6.1/)]
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 09:51:19 +0000

Matt <matt@excalamus.com> writes:

>  >  ---- On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 04:27:18 -0500  Ihor Radchenko  wrote ---
>  > I think `org-babel--shell-command-on-region' will be more appropriate.
>  > Because similar issues might appear when attempting to evaluate other
>  > code blocks on Windows, where `shell-file-name' is set to cmdproxy.exe.
>
> Is something like this what you're thinking?  Or, do we want to check
> explicitly for "cmdproxy.exe"?

AFAIK, extra newline should be safe in all other script languages.

> Also, this bug isn't currently tracked in Woof!.  I'm not able to confirm it,
> but since we're putting in a fix, should be add it anyway?

Your message with a patch is supposed to be auto-detected... (It is not,
which is a bug)
Bastien, heads up.

Do not worry about Woof! just yet. The new version is not yet officially
used. Bastien is still polishing the code.

> -                     nil shell-command-switch command))
> +                     nil shell-command-switch
> +                        ;; Pass newline to satisfy Windows
> +                        ;; cmdproxy.exe prompt for More.
> +                        ;; See:
> `https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87bkmttv2h.fsf@localhost/'
> +                        (concat command "\n")))

This will add a newline to "cmdproxy.exe" command -> "cmdproxy.exe\n".
You should instead look into `org-babel--write-temp-buffer-input-file'.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,