Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-ag

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-agenda
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 18:03:29 +0300

* Sterling Hooten <hooten@gmail.com> [2023-01-27 15:50]:
> This isn’t (much) of a problem from a display format perspective
> because we can parse the encoded format and present the user with a
> human readable version.

Org files shall still be readable as plain text IMHO.

As Org textual structure has been adopted by other text editors, and
various applications, it is not feasible to expect that other
editors and applications would be re-writing the displayed text to
show to user their local time.

Only user's local time is friendly to user.

Other options may be added, though focus should be on helping human
and making things easy.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns