Re: Org html conversion with XyJax

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: Org html conversion with XyJax
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 21:41:59 +0100

Partha Pratim Ghosh <ghosh.parthapratim.unisa@gmail.com> writes:

> #-*- mode: org -*-

FYI: You do not need this line if the file has an '.org' extension.

> #+TITLE: test
> #+AUTHOR: Partha

> #+latex_header:\usepackage{Documents/tex/essentials/symbols}

Note that this header applies to LaTeX and will not work with MathJax.

You can make Org to use actual LaTeX in HTML by adding

to your document.

> Can I use \LaTeX ? Let us try: $f: A\rightarrow B$ is a function

MathJax ignores \LaTeX but renders the function correctly.

(I tried with plain 'emacs -Q' on Emacs 30.)

> $\xymatrix{ {A} \ar@{o->}[r] & {B} }$

MathJax does not recognize this, hence the "Misplaced &" error.

You have two options here: either (1) install the MathJax extension you
mentioned or (2) make Org to use LaTeX for HTML.

If you decide to go the MathJax/JavaScript route, please note that you need to
use Emacs 29 or later, where Org uses MathJax 3 and not 2.

> \Arr{f}{A}{B}

MathJax does not recognize this either.

> 2. The file exports perfectly to pdf:

That happens because Org always uses LaTeX for PDF documents.  If you want it to
use LaTeX for HTML too, see the OPTIONS above.

Rudy
--
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice."
-- Henry Ford; Francis Kinloch, 1819; Henry David Thoreau, 1854

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia