Re: ob-sql dbconnection engine

From: Andreas Gerler
Subject: Re: ob-sql dbconnection engine
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 13:57:52 +0100

Hi!

without the patch your org source block has to look like:

#+begin_src sql :engine mysql :dbconnection mysqldb1
  SELECT * FROM nodes;
#+end_src

with that patch you can just type

#+begin_src sql :dbconnection mysqldb1
  SELECT * FROM nodes;
#+end_src

because your engine is mapped to sql-product in your sql-connection-alist:

(setq sql-connection-alist
      '((mysqldb1 (sql-product 'mysql)
                (sql-server "10.10.42.1")
                (sql-user "dbadmin")
                (sql-password "foo")
                (sql-database "testdb"))))

> On 27. Jan 2023, at 14:15, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:
>
> Andreas Gerler <baron@bundesbrandschatzamt.de> writes:
>
>> as I am still learning more elisp it took me some try and error but I can
>> use the sql-product now within dbconnection.
>> Using :engine still works as well.
>> Still wondering if there is a more elegant way for the if clause.
>
> Thanks for the patch!
> Could you please explain in more details what the patch does?
>
> --
> Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
> Org mode contributor,
> Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.