Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-ag

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-agenda
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 08:54:45 +1100

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> * Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> [2023-01-29 23:38]:
>> Saying that an offset is a fixed value is very different from saying
>> that a time zone has a fixed offset. I think this is where your
>> confusion is coming from.
>
> I said neither of those. I never said that UTC offset is fixed. I am
> trying to give you references that you understand what people agreed
> on this planet.
>
> I never said that time zone has fixed offset, some time zones have it
> fixed, some not, as UTC offset changes for daylight savings and
> political reasons.

Jean,

you have a very irritating habit of changing the topic of the discussion
in order to push whatever you feel you want to argue about. My response
to you had nothing to do with all the irrelevant points you insist on
repeating despite numerous attempts by many to explain why what you are
sending is adding little value.

I was simply responding to your response to Sterling's glossary of
definitions where you argue against defining offset (the term) as a
fixed value.

I will not be engaging with you further.