Re: lesser-than as open paren

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: lesser-than as open paren
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2023 07:52:52 +1100

Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> when taking notes in plain org-mode, run into trouble for instance with this
> scala-snippet:
>
>   def scalaFiles =
>     for {
>     file <- filesHere
>     if file.getName.endsWith(".scala")
>   } yield file
>
> With cursor on lesser-than sign, get a type-mismatch.
>
> The culprit resides in org.el:
>
>   (modify-syntax-entry ?< "(>")
>   (modify-syntax-entry ?> ")<")
>
> Maybe use this modification only when a special case requires it?

when you say "when taking notes in plain org-mode" do you mean the above
code snippet is just in your org file and not inside either a source or
example block?

If so, I think that would be expected behaviour. Code snippets really
need to be either in an example block or preferably a source code block.