Re: org mode table alignment issue with CJK characters

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org mode table alignment issue with CJK characters
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 19:01:43 +0000

Zelphir Kaltstahl <zelphirkaltstahl@posteo.de> writes:

> Just in case I want to use other fonts at some point: How did you (or anyone
> else) derive the 16/13 number? Is there a general way, other than "try
> numbers
> and see what fits"?

I did trial and error. AFAIU, it totally depends on the font's
width-to-height ratios. AFAIK, Emacs tries to make all the fonts have
the same height - leading to horizontal misalignment you observed. The
extra custom scaling will make line height vary for latin-only vs.
latin+CJK lines.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,