emacsconf-org

Re: Translating captions

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: Translating captions
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 20:35:49 -0500

Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@traduction-libre.org>
writes:

Hello, JC!

>> Thank you for volunteering to help! I'll be working on extracting the
>> Q&As over the next few weeks.
> I installed Whisper locally so that's something I can help with too.

Ooh, would you like to try out harvesting whatever you want from your
Q&A? I've added the Q&A playback URLs to the backstage area, so you can
find yours at https://media.emacsconf.org/2022/backstage/#localizing .
I've also added a link to the IRC logs for the day, a Markdown export of
the pad, and the .opus audio file for the BBB playback in case you want
to run Whisper on it. We're running Whisper on all the files, but we
don't have a GPU on the server we're running it on, so it'll probably
take about 10 days to get the first pass of transcripts (assuming my
script doesn't choke somewhere). =)

Last year, we copied the questions, answers, and notes into the wiki
pages, removing people's nicks and combining duplicate things (ex:
question was asked on IRC and was copied over to the pad). Your talk
page at https://emacsconf.org/2021/talks/omegat/ has a reasonable
example of a Discussion section with sections for Q&A and feedback. If
you feel like collecting things from your Q&A (or any other one), that
would be great. You can either edit the wiki page directly (which
involves git and ssh), or you can e-mail things to me and I'll merge
them in.

No rush, of course; it's a nice to have. =) What do you think?

(Also, if other people want to help out, feel free to chime in and we'll
figure out how to coordinate things!)

Sacha