emacsconf-org

Re: Translating captions

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Translating captions
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 11:56:36 +0900

Hello Sacha!

> On Dec 7, 2022, at 10:35, Sacha Chua <sacha@sachachua.com> wrote:
>
> Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@traduction-libre.org>
> writes:
>
> Hello, JC!
>
>>> Thank you for volunteering to help! I'll be working on extracting the
>>> Q&As over the next few weeks.
>> I installed Whisper locally so that's something I can help with too.
>
> Ooh, would you like to try out harvesting whatever you want from your
> Q&A? I've added the Q&A playback URLs to the backstage area, so you can
> find yours at https://media.emacsconf.org/2022/backstage/#localizing.

What are the access codes?

> I've also added a link to the IRC logs for the day, a Markdown export of
> the pad, and the .opus audio file for the BBB playback in case you want
> to run Whisper on it. We're running Whisper on all the files, but we
> don't have a GPU on the server we're running it on, so it'll probably
> take about 10 days to get the first pass of transcripts (assuming my
> script doesn't choke somewhere). =)

Wow.

> Last year, we copied the questions, answers, and notes into the wiki
> pages, removing people's nicks and combining duplicate things (ex:
> question was asked on IRC and was copied over to the pad). Your talk
> page at https://emacsconf.org/2021/talks/omegat/ has a reasonable
> example of a Discussion section with sections for Q&A and feedback. If
> you feel like collecting things from your Q&A (or any other one), that
> would be great. You can either edit the wiki page directly (which
> involves git and ssh), or you can e-mail things to me and I'll merge
> them in.
>
> No rush, of course; it's a nice to have. =) What do you think?

Nice.

- I'll first do the transcript with Whisper, correct it.
- I'll check the discussions/comments I missed.
- I'll try to package all that for my talk page.

When I'm done with that I'll prepare the FR/JA captions for the talk and the
translation for the QA.

JC
--
Jean-Christophe Helary @jchelary@emacs.ch