emacsconf-org

video and Q&A for Maintaining the Maintainers

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: video and Q&A for Maintaining the Maintainers
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2022 22:43:23 -0500

Siddhartha Kasivajhula <siddhartha.kasivajhula@gmail.com> writes:

Hello, Sid!

> <countvajhula> hey all, I was wondering whether there's still time to
> edit the Q&A for my talk? There's one answer I'd love to elaborate on
> a bit more. No worries if not. Also the video on the talk page doesn't
> seem clickable at the moment - I assume it just hasn't been processed
> yet, but mentioning it just in case :)

Whoops, fixed! =) Your video should now properly play at
https://emacsconf.org/2022/talks/maint/ .

> <countvajhula> edit the written Q&A, that is

Sure! I've added the Q&A from the pad and some feedback from IRC to the
wiki at 2022/talks/maint.md . They're now at
https://emacsconf.org/2022/talks/maint/ . If you would like to add
additional answers or resources, please feel free to either edit the
page following the instructions at https://emacsconf.org/edit/ or send
us a note about the changes you'd like to make and we can make them for
you.

If you would like to review the BBB playback, you can find it and other
Q&A resources in the backstage area at
https://media.emacsconf.org/2022/backstage/#maint . Let me know if you
don't have the backstage password handy!

> Btw on an unrelated note, if you guys need help with video editing at all,
> I have some basic skills and am happy to help if I can.
> Tc and thanks again for running a brilliant, clockwork operation!

We'd love to get your Q&A session into a form that you're comfortable
sharing publicly. Would you like to review the BBB playback or the
--bbb-webcams.webm file in the backstage area and decide if you're okay
with sharing the whole thing or parts of it?

Sacha