emacsconf-org

Re: video and Q&A for Maintaining the Maintainers

From: Siddhartha Kasivajhula
Subject: Re: video and Q&A for Maintaining the Maintainers
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 21:23:16 -0800

Whoops, fixed! =) Your video should now properly play at
https://emacsconf.org/2022/talks/maint/ .

Looks good, thank you!

Sure! I've added the Q&A from the pad and some feedback from IRC to the
wiki at 2022/talks/maint.md . They're now at
https://emacsconf.org/2022/talks/maint/ . If you would like to add
additional answers or resources, please feel free to either edit the
page following the instructions at https://emacsconf.org/edit/ or send
us a note about the changes you'd like to make and we can make them for
you

Perfect, I'll follow up on this soon.

Let me know if you
don't have the backstage password handy!

I don't, but it didn't ask me for it and I was able to see all the links (though many returned 404s). I guess it probably remembers the password from this weekend, assuming I entered it at some point.

We'd love to get your Q&A session into a form that you're comfortable
sharing publicly. Would you like to review the BBB playback or the
--bbb-webcams.webm file in the backstage area and decide if you're okay
with sharing the whole thing or parts of it?

I took a look and it mostly looks good. The only things I'd change are taking a tiny sliver off the beginning and the trailing bit at the end re: not being live anymore. I think the audio level could also be normalized to reach a standard loudness. I'll download the video and make these changes!

Assuming that all goes well, I'm happy to do the same for other videos too if needed :)

On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 7:43 PM Sacha Chua <sacha@sachachua.com> wrote:
Siddhartha Kasivajhula <siddhartha.kasivajhula@gmail.com> writes:

Hello, Sid!

> <countvajhula> hey all, I was wondering whether there's still time to
> edit the Q&A for my talk? There's one answer I'd love to elaborate on
> a bit more. No worries if not. Also the video on the talk page doesn't
> seem clickable at the moment - I assume it just hasn't been processed
> yet, but mentioning it just in case :)

Whoops, fixed! =) Your video should now properly play at
https://emacsconf.org/2022/talks/maint/ .

> <countvajhula> edit the written Q&A, that is

Sure! I've added the Q&A from the pad and some feedback from IRC to the
wiki at 2022/talks/maint.md . They're now at
https://emacsconf.org/2022/talks/maint/ . If you would like to add
additional answers or resources, please feel free to either edit the
page following the instructions at https://emacsconf.org/edit/ or send
us a note about the changes you'd like to make and we can make them for
you.

If you would like to review the BBB playback, you can find it and other
Q&A resources in the backstage area at
https://media.emacsconf.org/2022/backstage/#maint . Let me know if you
don't have the backstage password handy!

> Btw on an unrelated note, if you guys need help with video editing at all,
> I have some basic skills and am happy to help if I can.
> Tc and thanks again for running a brilliant, clockwork operation!

We'd love to get your Q&A session into a form that you're comfortable
sharing publicly. Would you like to review the BBB playback or the
--bbb-webcams.webm file in the backstage area and decide if you're okay
with sharing the whole thing or parts of it?

Sacha