emacsconf-org

Re: Translating captions

From: Esteban Ordóñez
Subject: Re: Translating captions
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 14:09:37 +0000

El 2022-12-09 02:06, Jean-Christophe Helary escribió:

>> Thank you very much for this information.
>
> In any case, I did not mean to dismiss your experience.

I did not feel that way at all.  The information that you provided was
of great use to me.

The only thing that I do not agree with is that it takes every minute of
talk 10 minutes of transcription.  I can do it in 2 minutes, including
correction and review, even though I am not a professional transcriptor
or native English speaker.

> And even if Whisper is a bit slow on your machine (on that 8 cores
> machine it used 50% of the processing power for a bit more than the
> length of my presentation to complete the transcription) it is so
> accurate that I would not want to spend too much time trying to do
> that myself.

I have a Core 2 Duo.  But will try on another machine, sometime.