emacsweblogs

Re: [Emacsweblogs] Re: New xml-rpc.el and weblogger.el

From: Mark A. Hershberger
Subject: Re: [Emacsweblogs] Re: New xml-rpc.el and weblogger.el
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:41:16 -0400

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

> I tried lisppaste.el from today emacswiki and the bug persists. This was
> tested with Emacs -q.

I can't reproduce this at all.  I've tried “emacs -q -no-site-file”
with Emacs22 and Emacs23.1.50.1 (CVS).

Here is a short test script that you can run from the command line to
verify the problem:

-*-*-*-SNIP-*-*-*-
#!/bin/sh
emacs -batch -q -no-site-file --eval '(progn (load-library
"~/.emacs.d/elpa/xml-rpc-1.6.6/xml-rpc.el")
                                       (load-library
"~/.emacs.d/elpa/lisppaste-1.5/lisppaste.el")
                                       (lisppaste-list-recent-pastes 1)
                                       (message (buffer-string)))'
-*-*-*-SNIP-*-*-*-

You'll probably have to replace the paths to lisppaste.el and xml-rpc.el
with the paths to yours, but this will tell us if they are working
correctly.

For me, this script produces the following output with Emacs22 and
Emacs23 (CVS)

-*-*-*-SNIP-*-*-*-
$ sh tmp.sh
Warning: defvar ignored because url-http-attempt-keepalives is let-bound
Contacting host: common-lisp.net:8185
Reading [text/xml]... 1k of 1k (100%)
Paste number: 87051
User: muggs
Channel: #mercurial
Title: rebase bug
Date: 2009-09-14
Annotations: 0

If this still fails for you, please send me your lisppaste.el file.

Thanks,

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

Every day, mindful practice.  When the mind is disciplined, then the
Way can work for us.  Otherwise, all we do is talk of the Way; everything
is just words; and the world will know us as its one great fool.