Re: [emms-help] Emms - the Emacs multimedia system

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Emms - the Emacs multimedia system
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 02:15:20 +0200

Hi there!
I got a reply from the GNU eval team. They are looking into the
possibility of adding emms to Emacs! Yay us! :-)

They noted one thing (but not with a high priority): The manual
does not have a license yet. I think we should give it one. Our
options are:

1) GNU FDL 1.1. The canonical GNU documentation license. Since we
   don't include invariant sections, it's even Free according to
   Debian. There are some bugs in the license which I would
   consider annoying, but they're clearly bugs, and being worked
   on for 2.0.
2) GNU GPL 2. The canonical GNU source code license. Works just as
   well for manuals, but uses somewhat ill-defined terms for this
   purpose.
3) Creative Commons (attribute-by/share-alike). Incompatible with
   the GPL, so somewhat problematic.
4) FreeBSD Documentation License. BSD for documentation.
5) Open Publication License (without options). Never heard about
   it.

See
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#FreeDocumentationLicenses
and http://people.debian.org/~srivasta/Position_Statement.html for
more information.

Any opinions and/or suggestions?

Greetings,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))