Re: [emms-help] Re: GNU EMMS!

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: GNU EMMS!
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:45:51 +0200

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> I actually have one.  I've sent my papers to the FSF, but they
> replied some while ago saying they would also need a disclaimer
> from my university.  The disclaimer starts like this:
>
>     If you are employed to do programming (even at a
>     university), or have made an agreement with your
>     employer or school saying it owns programs you write,
>     then you and we need a signed piece of paper from your
>     employer disclaiming rights to the program.
>
> Now, I'm neither employed nor do I have an agreement with my
> school saying it owns programs I write.  Why do I still need to
> get them to sign the disclaimer?

I guess it is not necessary then. The problem is that in the US,
such slave contracts are usual, and others are the exception.
Luckily, most EU countries aren't there yet.

Greetings,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))