[emms-help] Re: emms-repeat-curr-track

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: [emms-help] Re: emms-repeat-curr-track
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:35:48 +0200

William XWL <address@hidden> writes:

> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> The variable `emms-repeat-curr-track' was introduced less
>> than a month ago.  We already have `emms-repeat-playlist'.
>> So how about renaming the former to `emms-repeat-track'?
>
> i prefer this one.

I think I prefer `emms-repeat-track' too, because it will
cause any track to be repeated, no matter which is current
when the variable is set.

I don't think the `current' affix makes it any clearer.
You could even argue for `emms-repeat-current-playlist',
but I don't think it adds anything there either.

It makes sense to have `current' in function names such as
`emms-playlist-current-track', because function calls are
made at individual points in time, which makes the concept
of `current' meaningful.

But Yoni said he prefers `emms-repeat-current-track',
so I guess we'll wait for forcer to make the call. :-)

By the way, Yoni, you don't have to CC messages to me;
it's okay to send them just to the list.

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>