[emms-help] Re: emms-tag-editor: mp3info expects different argument orde

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [emms-help] Re: emms-tag-editor: mp3info expects different argument order
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:51:01 +0100

Magnus Henoch <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Magnus,

> I'm trying to use emms-tag-editor to edit tags of MP3 files, but my
> version of mp3info (0.2.16) wants arguments in a different order than
> emms-tag-editor-tag-file gives; namely it wants the filename last.

The current version (0.8.5a) accepts the filename as last parameter,
too. So we can go with it.

> Is this patch an acceptable fix for the problem?

Yeah, but I removed the setq. See the attached patch.

New patches:

[fix-mp3-tagging-args-order.dpatch
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>**20070316144749] {
hunk ./emms-tag-editor.el 152
-           filename args)))
+           (nconc args (list filename)))))
}

Context:

[Add doc for emms-tag-editor
Ye Wenbin <address@hidden>**20070308141415]
[Change document about emms-mark-regexp, and add more
Ye Wenbin <address@hidden>**20070308141340]
[Add two extra command in tag editor. Rename emms-tag-editor-replace-all
Ye Wenbin <address@hidden>**20070308141238]
[Record programs error in log buffer
Ye Wenbin <address@hidden>**20070308141209]
[Make name readonly in emms-tag editor buffer
Ye Wenbin <address@hidden>**20070308141123]
[Fix a typo error
Ye Wenbin <address@hidden>**20070308141101]
[Obsolete emms-mark-unmark-regexp, use C-u M-x emms-mark-regexp instead
Ye Wenbin <address@hidden>**20070308140837]
[Avoid print wrong history value.
Ye Wenbin <address@hidden>**20070307030452]
[Resolve conflict in change to manual
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070306023616]
[emms-lyrics.el: Update comments about "Known problems".
William Xu <address@hidden>**20070305065844]
[emms.texinfo: Add possible solutions for asynchronical issue for lyrics.
William Xu <address@hidden>**20070305064615]
[emms-setup.el: Add emms-tag-editor module to `emms-devel'.
William Xu <address@hidden>**20070305054414]
[emms-lyrics.el: Find chinese lyrics based on filename instead of `title'
William Xu <address@hidden>**20070305053910
 from the tag info. (thus to avoid dealing with different tag info coding
 systems.)
]
[emms-lyrics.el: Fix a function name typo.
William Xu <address@hidden>**20070305042950]
[emms-lyrics.el: Add chinese lyrics lookup support to
William Xu <address@hidden>**20070302141102
 `emms-lyrics-visit-lyric'.
]
[Manual: Minor fixes in new Quickstart chapter
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070305144251]
[browser: display a help message on an empty deck
Damien Elmes <address@hidden>**20070305131445]
[quickstart-guide.dpatch
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>**20070304124948]
[emms-player-mpd: Stylize Lisp code in documentation
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070304075903]
[emms-lyrics: Fix compiler warnings
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070302152148]
[emms-lyrics.el: Rename `emms-lyrics-find-current-lyric' to
William Xu <address@hidden>**20070302103240
 `emms-lyrics-visit-lyric', and enhance it by adding searching from
 internet support.
]
[emms-lyrics: Fix several compiler warnings
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070302065810]
[emms-lyrics.el: Add lyrics auto-scrolling support.
William Xu <address@hidden>**20070302055649]
[emms.texinfo: Update lyrics section.
William Xu <address@hidden>**20070301091537]
[NEWS: Mention changes in emms-playing-time.
William Xu <address@hidden>**20070225061342]
[emms-player-mpd: Miscellaneous docfixes
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070227180444]
[manual: Mention how to set the default EMMS playlist mode
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070223040831]
[Move dictionary definitions higher to avoid compiler warning
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070223040135]
[improve-emms-mark-and-write-docs.dpatch
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>**20070222165136

 Fixed emms-mark-track so that you can (un)mark backwards
 with `C-u -3 m'.

 Wrote texinfo docs for emms-mark.el.
]
[Speed up emms-play-directory-tree by about factor 10
address@hidden
 Most of the speedup comes from using nconc in later-do instead
 of append (and therefore, not excessively copying lists).
 I see a factor of 10 speedup when generating the playlist
 for 37000 audio files.
]
[Fix several XEmacs compatibility issues
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070215231146]
[emms-texinfo: Add stubs for emms-mark and emms-tag-editor
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070215171211

 I've added "write me" chapters to the manual for emms-mark.el and
 emms-tag-editor.el, because they need to be written before the
 release.  Hopefully others will volunteer to write them :^) .

]
[Add `emms-lyrics-catchup' for dealing with external lyrics crawler.
William Xu <address@hidden>**20070208033306]
[NEWS: Update
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070207142227]
[emms-tag-editor: Make editing of ogg vorbis comments work properly
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070129154657

 It turns out we have to have the "-t" option before each bit of track
 information, not just the first.  Also, avoid sending empty track
 information to vorbiscomment.

]
[emms-mark: Save the keymap properly
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070129150940]
[emms-mark: Overhaul and turn into a derived mode
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070129091833

 Make emms-mark integrate better with the rest of EMMS by turning it
 into a derived mode of emms-playlist-mode.  This allows it to have its
 own keymap derived from emms-playlist-mode, and be easily enabled and
 disabled without messing up the output from emms-show.

 It will operate on a buffer-by-buffer basis, but can easily be made
 the default playlist mode if desired.

 We have to avoid calling emms-playlist-mode a second time when
 starting emms-mark-mode, so that the selection does not disappear.
 Thus, it must be its own function, rather than using
 define-derived-mode.

]
[emms-playlist: Pay attention to selection when updating
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070129091716

 Make sure that we preserve the current selection if updating the
 currently-selected track..

]
[Distinguish `emms-track-description' and `emms-track-force-description'
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070129091330

 The idea is that emms-track-force-description is only allowed to be
 used when inserting descriptions into a playlist buffer.  This lets us
 distinguish between the content and layout of the text, for add-ons
 like emms-mark that want to do something decorative with the text.

]
[New macro emms-walk-tracks
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070129091141

 This macro makes it easy to write code which steps forward through the
 tracks of the current buffer iteratively.
]
[Manual: Add periods to end of menu entry descriptions, update menus, minor
grammar and style fixes
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070113234824]
[restart-lastfm-plugin-when-md5challenge-expired.dpatch
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>**20070116202013]
[fix-ampersands-and-question-marks-in-lastfm.dpatch
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>**20070113104902

 Roman Lagunov reported a bug: the last.fm plugin failed scrobbling tracks with
 & in artist/title/album. The same applies to streams containing an ampersand.

 So I added ?& and ?? to `emms-url-specials'. But because both are needed to
 submit values via HTTP GET now you have to `emms-escape-url' only the arguments
 that may contain special chars instead the complete url, e.g.:

            (url-retrieve
             (concat emms-lastfm-server
                     "?hs=true&p=1.1"
                     "&c=" emms-lastfm-client-id
                     "&v=" (number-to-string emms-lastfm-client-version)
                     "&u=" (emms-escape-url emms-lastfm-username))

 instead of

            (url-retrieve
             (emms-escape-url
              (concat emms-lastfm-server
                     "?hs=true&p=1.1"
                     "&c=" emms-lastfm-client-id
                     "&v=" (number-to-string emms-lastfm-client-version)
                     "&u=" emms-lastfm-username))
]
[emms-streams: Make sure type is a symbol, not a string
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070108191308]
[relative-seeking-for-xine.dpatch
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>**20070108205923]
[emms-volume-texinfo.dpatch
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>**20070107104105

 Adds docs for emms-volume-minor-mode and replaces defvars with defopts in the
 last.fm chapter.
]
[emms-player-xine.dpatch
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>**20070106173701]
[emms-lastfm: Remove periods from end of messages
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070106011559]
[emms-lastfm: Add emms-lastfm-np, which displays the current song information
as a message or inserts it at point
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070105235058]
[Add support for playing Last.fm streams using emms-streams interface
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070105230616]
[emms-lastfm: Use emms-cancel-timer, fix FIXME section, make
emms-lastfm-radio-request-metadata more flexible
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070105073906]
[emms-url: Only escape spaces and newlines, on second thought
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070105073821]
[Make jack.el use emms-compat.el rather than cl.el, and tidy up emms-compat.el
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070105042701]
[emms-playlist-sort: Add compile-time dependency on cl.el to avoid a warning
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070105040231]
[emms-lastfm: Use emms-url.el, fix compiler warnings, and be kind to the
namespace
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070105035342]
[emms-player-mpd: Use functions in emms-url.el
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070105035233]
[emms-url: New file containing the url.el interaction routines from
emms-lastfm.el.  I plan to use these in other parts of EMMS as well.
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070105034035]
[emms-compat: New file that contains compatibility functions for emms; this
make emms.el a bit cleaner-looking
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070105032247]
[emms-streams: Try to reconnect to station if briefly disconnected
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070105000942]
[Remove emms-volume-mpd-raise/lower, make chapter in manual for emms-volume.el
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20070105000820]
[artist-fan-radio-and-texinfo-docs-for-lastfm.dpatch
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>**20070103205523

 This patch adds a new function to emms-lastfm.el:

   `emms-lastfm-radio-artist-fan'

 I also added a chapter about Last.fm in emms.texinfo. It compiles for me and
 looks good, but it wold be nice if someone could have a short look at it. It's
 my first work with texinfo.
]
[fix-broken-multibyte-chars-in-http-responses.dpatch
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>**20070103140726

 If a `url-retrieve' returns a buffer containing multibyte strings, they were
 displayed as \123\456. The bug occured mostly when listening to Last.fm radio
 playing a track with non-ascii title or artist.

 Thanks to fledermaus at #emacs for investigating what went wrong and putting
 together the function `http-decode-buffer'. The bug seems to be fixed with it.
]
[metadata-for-lastfm-streams.dpatch
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>**20070102222433

 Now the Artist and Title of the current song are displayed in the mode-line
 when listening to a last.fm stream.

 Additionally I made all user options customizable.
]
[lastfm-skip-love-ban-plus-renaming.dpatch
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>**20061230115944

 First, I renamed all things "emms-lastfm-playback" to "emms-lastfm-radio",
 which fits much better.

 Then I added the functionality of loving/skipping/banning the song you're
 listening to on Last.fm Radio.
]
[fix-lastfm-streams-with-spaces.dpatch
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>**20061229155921]
[emms-playlist-sort.el: Reorganize codes && add `emms-playlist-sort-by-list'.
William Xu <address@hidden>**20061225054559]
[play-lastfm-streams.dpatch
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>**20061227205745

 This patch has two major parts:

 1. Make emms-lastfm.el conforming to other emms plugins, meaning that there
    are those three user functions:

      `emms-lastfm' -- The usual prefix arg toggle
      `emms-lastfm-enable'
      `emms-lastfm-disable'

 2. It adds the ability to play lastfm:// streams. New user functions:

     `emms-lastfm-playback'
     `emms-lastfm-playback-similar-artists'
     `emms-lastfm-playback-global-tag'

   Sadly there are 2 FIXMEs in the code:

     1. Major problem: It doesn't work for lastfm urls which contain blanks. If
        someone is familiar with the url library, he could tell me how to fix
        it. (retrieving urls with whitespaces)

     2. Minor problem: There's some ugly (but working) code to ensure the
        execution doesn't continue before a sentinel has been run.
]
[replace-next-line-with-forward-line.dpatch
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>**20061220205010

 The docstring of `next-line' suggest to use `forward-line' instead, so
 use that...
]
[warn-if-playing-time-deactivated.dpatch
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>**20061219085443

 New emms-lastfm-activate warns the user if he disabled emms-playing-time
 completely and points him to the right docs.
]
[emms.texinfo: Update emms-playing-time info.
address@hidden
[emms-playing-time: Add stuffs for controlling displaying on mode line
address@hidden
 while still enabling emms-playing-time module at backgrond.
]
[emms-mode-line: Rename `emms-playing-time-toggle' to `emms-mode-line-toggle'.
address@hidden
[fix-regression-in-lastfm.dpatch
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>**20061216132209

 My last path enabled emms-lastfm.el to submit tracks even if you paused
 them. I tested this extensively! But I didn't test if it still submits
 them if you don't pause it. Of course it didn't. ;-)

 The problem was that I rely on `emms-playing-time' to calculate when a
 track has to be submitted. But in `emms-player-started-hook' my new
 track function was run *before* `emms-playing-time' was set to 0 again.
]
[submitting-when-paused.dpatch
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>**20061212200324

 This patch enables emms-lastfm.el to submit the current track even if
 the playback has been paused and resumed. It's done by canceling the
 `emms-lastfm-timer' when pausing and reenabling it on resume.
]
[emms-lyrics: Make `emms-lyrics-find-lyric-function' customizable and add
address@hidden
 `emms-lyrics-find-current-lyric'.
]
[change raise/lower-function to change-functon, add change-amount
Ye Wenbin <address@hidden>**20061208052114]
[Remove emms-volume-amixer-raise/lower commands, use emms-volume-change-function
Ye Wenbin <address@hidden>**20061208052019]
[emms-i18n: Rename functions to match file name.
address@hidden
[emms-setup: Add `emms-i18n' to `emms-devel'.
address@hidden
[emms-info-mp3info: Make use of `emms-i18n-call-process-simple'.
address@hidden
[emms-player-mpd: Document how to use MusicPD to change the volume via
emms-volume.el
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061208223509]
[Fix various byte-compiler warnings throughout
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061207143511]
[emms-tag-editor: Rename functions to match file name
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061207142310]
[Rename emms-mp3tag.el to emms-tag-editor.el
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061207141945]
[emms.el: Improve `emms-uniq-list' to not use cl.el.
address@hidden
[emms-i18n changes, add playlist navigate command, uniq playlist command
Ye Wenbin <address@hidden>**20061207063510]
[emms-mp3tag support ogg, add more documentation. fix some error
Ye Wenbin <address@hidden>**20061206153528]
[emms-lastfm.dpatch
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>**20061206112823

 This patch adds emms-lastfm.el, its setup to emms-setup.el and myself
 to AUTHORS.
]
[Fix a silly bug in emms-mp3tag. Remove timestamp.
Ye Wenbin <address@hidden>**20061206020710]
[AUTHORS: Added Ye Wenbin
address@hidden
[Fix lyrics minibuffer display. Amixer display playback and more useful commands
Wenbin Ye <address@hidden>**20061127154113]
[Edit all track, set tag to file for mp3
Wenbin Ye <address@hidden>**20061205112209]
[Add emms-mp3tag and emms-i18n
Wenbin Ye <address@hidden>**20061205065407]
[Add emms-mark and emms-history
address@hidden
[emms-info-mp3info.el: Replace `emms-iconv' with decode-coding-string and
address@hidden
 encode-coding-string.
]
[emms.el: Fix bug introduced by recent changes to
emms-playlist-set-playlist-buffer
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061119204738]
[Default to current buffer when setting the current EMMS playlist buffer.
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061119053410]
[manual: Add documentation for new emms-playlist-mode keybindings
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061119052935]
[emms-playlist-mode: Bind "b" key to emms-playlist-set-playlist-buffer.
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061119052907]
[emms-playlist-mode: Implement adding the thing at point to the current
playlist.  If it is a playlist, add its contents instead.  Map this to the "a"
key.
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061119052254]
[emms.el: In emms-playlist-set-playlist-buffer, prompt user from available EMMS
playlist buffers rather than all buffers, and display feedback upon setting the
current buffer, since this is not an easy change to see
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061119052023]
[emms.el: Fix compiler warning
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061119051946]
[Don't add subdirectories for directory and playlist-directory source insert
methods
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061119041900]
[emms-playing-time.el: New variable `emms-playing-time-style', it
address@hidden
 supports two styles at present, `time' and `bar'.
]
[bind SPC to `scroll-up' in emms-playlist-mode and update manual.
address@hidden
[emms-player-mpd: Deal with change in output when getting supported file types
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061028042119]
[emms.el: Move macros to the top of the file.
address@hidden
[NEWS: Add entry for recent emms-player-mpd change
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061023125738]
[emms-player-mpd: Handle errors that occur when we begin playback
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061022215310]
[NEWS: Version 2 is version 2.0
address@hidden
[emms-playlist-mode: Handle case where selection has not been set but user
wants to delete a region
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061022201724]
[emms-playlist-mode: Fix typo in hook name
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061022022812]
[emms-player-mpd: Update version recommendation
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061022012223]
[emms-player-mpd: Work properly with tracks inserted by emms-browser
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061022011050]
[Add NEWS items since version 2.1
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061017222117]
[emms-player-mplayer.el: Mplayer also supports .vob files.
address@hidden
[emms-player-mpd: When using the emms-volume interface, allow the user to
specify the amount of change in the volume
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061017220404]
[Documentation cleanups in emms-player-mpd and emms-source-playlist
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061017215345]
[Since emms-player-seeked-to-functions and emms-player-time-set-functions hooks
do the same thing, replace the former with the latter
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061017210238]
[emms-browser: Fix compiler warning
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061017205310]
[emms-player-mpd: Implement seek-to support
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061017205106]
[FluidSynth midi file player
address@hidden
[Added delYsid
address@hidden
[jackd-support-for-emacs
address@hidden
 jackd is a pro-audio server which can be used as a backend for
 alsaplayer, mplayer, and lots of other linux audio apps.
 This module allows to start jackd from within emacs, and
 connect/disconnect jack client ports.
]
[browser: ensure the RNG is seeded before use
Damien Elmes <address@hidden>**20061011151535]
[browser: require sort (fixes bug with sort-fold-case being void)
Damien Elmes <address@hidden>**20061010125718]
[fix faulty emms-playlist-mode keybinding, fix due to William and Damien.
address@hidden
[Added seeking to the playlist keymap, and updated the manual.
address@hidden
[emms-player-mpd: Only display error if we are certain that url.el is not
up-to-date
Michael Olson <address@hidden>**20061004032213]
[seek-for-alsaplayer
address@hidden
 Add relative seek support for alsaplayer
]
[midi-files-via-timidity
address@hidden
 A simple-player definition for timidity
]
[emms-playing-time.el: Minor cleanups.
address@hidden
[emms-lyrics.el: Minor Cleanups.
address@hidden
[pause-for-alsaplayer
address@hidden
 Get pause/resume working for alsaplayer
]
[mms-for-mplayer
address@hidden
 mplayer also supports mms:// URLs
]
[DoTheRightThing with player pausing and emms-bookmarks.el
address@hidden
[Added emms-bookmarks.el
address@hidden
[Added `emms-pause' to emms-playlist-mode.el bound to to ``P''.
address@hidden
[browser: add deletion started/finished message
Damien Elmes <address@hidden>**20060923051128]
[Added a link to the online version of the manual.
address@hidden
[emms-playing-time.el now works with `seek-to'.
address@hidden
[Added `seek-to' to emms.el and emms-player-mplayer.el.
address@hidden
[browser/cache: support deleting files, make emms-cache-dirty a defsubst
Damien Elmes <address@hidden>**20060922090553]
[TAG 2.1
address@hidden
Patch bundle hash:
feeac48bad146e0b923b53ba6c353c62d43557f3
I applied the patch in my repository, so you can pull from it.

    http://www.tsdh.de/repos/darcs/emms

Thanks,
Tassilo
--
A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five!