[emms-help] difference between amixer in different distribution

From: Ye Wenbin
Subject: [emms-help] difference between amixer in different distribution
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:17:20 +0800

Hi, I receive a mail from a emms user in which he complained that emms-volume is not work in his emacs. And I asked him and found that in his linux Debian 4.0 R3, amixer use scontrol "Front", and should use `amixer sset Front 20' to make a change. You known, I'm not familar with other distribution of linux, so is there a way to determine which scontrol should use and how to invoke amixer?

--
Best Regards,
Ye Wenbin