Re: [emms-help] lyrics

From: Steven Arntson
Subject: Re: [emms-help] lyrics
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:38:55 -0700

Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> writes:

> Steven Arntson <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello, I'm a new emms user. I'm coming from some time using ncmpcpp,
>> which had a lyrics function that automatically queried various online
>> lyrics providers.
>>
>> I notice that emms has some lyrics-finding functionality, but am not
>> sure how it works. Does it query websites, or is it based on a
>> local file of lyrics?
>
> I've personally never used the lyrics functionality, but from looking at
> the code I see that if "M-x emms-lyrics-visit-lyric" can't find the
> lyric file on disk then it will launch a web search in a browser.

Ah, I see--yes, it does do that! There's a difficulty,
though--in this case I have a song whose file is 07songtitle.ogg. The actual
title of the song, which ogg123 recognizes as "Song Title" would be a
good internet search, but the search that gets performed is for
"07songtitle". This behavior might be beyond my ability to fix, as I'm not very
technically apt.

Thank you!
steven