Re: [emms-help] EMMS User Stories

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [emms-help] EMMS User Stories
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 19:00:12 +0100

Hi,

Alex Schröder <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm on Windows, so I installed mp3info and mpg123, no problem. Today I
> noticed that EMMS would skip over files in the
> folder c:/Users/asc/Music/Arvo Pärt. When I add the directory in question
> to the playlist, it looks fine (but no mp3 info, which I find hard to
> believe):

For what it's worth, I'm happily playing "~/music/Arvo Pärt" on my linux
setup.  Could you try another backend?  E.g. VLC, mplayer or mpv?

I see that you are messing with encoding settings.  I don’t think that
should be necessary, and might screw up thinks.

I’d guess that you have other files with spaces in their names, right?

Beet has an option to remove nasty characters, as far as I remember.  I
don’t know if it works well on Windows, though.

unfortunately, I don’t have access to a Windows dev-system.

Rasmus

--
Even a three-legged dog has three good legs to lose