Re: [emms-help] emms-player-mpv ipc-error: connection-error

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms-player-mpv ipc-error: connection-error
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2018 15:41:35 +0500

On Sun, 01 Jul 2018 13:29:06 +0300
Konstantin Reich <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is what i get when i run your code
>
> emms-player-mpv 0.0 ---------- emacs version: GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 2,
> x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)  of 2018-05-22 nil

I think issue is right here - that "nil" at the end is value for
emms-player-mpv-ipc-conn-emacs-26-workaround, apparently it was not set
correctly, despite same version of emacs as I have here.

It should be set upon its definition via:

  (defvar emms-player-mpv-ipc-conn-emacs-26-workaround (>= emacs-major-version
26) ...)

You don't have it disabled or overidden manually somewhere, by chance?

Really struggling to think how else it might be initialized to nil value
at the moment - "(>= emacs-major-version 26)" should return t for sure
with your version.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net