[emms-help] emms-player-next-function and emms-next-noerror

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: [emms-help] emms-player-next-function and emms-next-noerror
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2018 16:44:52 -0400

The way that `emms-player-next-function' is defined is currently not
quite broken, but very brittle. The result is that anyone who implements
a next function has to duplicate code from `emms-next-noerror' as well
as adding their own functionality; no good at all.

An instance of this is `emms-score-next-noerror', which reimplements
handling emms-repeat-track and the conditions for handling the playlist
running out.

Since we just left the 5.0 release behind I'm going to changing how this
is implemented in ways that may break stuff. If you have code that
routes critically via `emms-player-next-function', be prepared for
breakage!

You have been warned.