Re: [emms-help] buffer-local `emms-player-list'

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: [emms-help] buffer-local `emms-player-list'
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 22:30:01 +0500

On Mon, 15 Oct 2018 12:22:01 -0400
Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> wrote:

> Heads-up: I'm considering adding a buffer-local `emms-player-list'
> variable, or marking `emms-player-list' buffer-local, with the obvious
> goal of enable playing different playlists to call different players.

Guess there would have to be an optional argument to stop/play/etc
commands to specify non-default playlist?

And to use multiple playlists same as one'd do currently, there'd need
to be a hook to stop current playback and set playlist as default when
starting any track from it.

With long-running mpv instances, I'm not sure if reusing same player
instance between all playlists would be a bug or a feature, as it's
good for different use-cases either way.
(e.g. using it for single-output music stream as I do, definitely like
it switching between playlists instantly without starting anything)

Guess there can be a customizable var that'd flip these via
make-local-variable / kill-local-variable as necessary.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net