Emms 6.0 released

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Emms 6.0 released
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 16:54:52 -0400

I'm proud to say that Emms 6.0 has been released. Thank you to everyone
who helped to make this happen, which of includes people who wrote in
with issues, helped others on the mailing list, and last but not least
people who wrote the code! This release includes not one, but two new
info backends: tinytag and exiftool.

Emms is now available via GNU ELPA, so going forward we will no longer
offer tarballs via the GNU FTP servers, nor will releases be announced
on the info-gnu mailing list. Everything else will remain the same,
including the release schedule:

We will continue to develop on the Savannah git repo with releases being
tagged. The releases going to GNU ELPA are on the "elpa" remote branch
of the Savannah git repo, and of course the actual ELPA release will
remain on the Emacs project's elpa.git.