Re: Wish for a emms-add-url to have a "name" parameter

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: Wish for a emms-add-url to have a "name" parameter
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 21:32:20 -0500

Stefan Huchler <stefan.huchler@mail.de> writes:

> If I add youtube or invidious urls to the emms-playlist I wish I add a
> way to add a label because if I add 10 youtube videos in a playlist it's
> hard to navigate through it, without the titles.

You could store the "label" in the track information, either before or
after adding the track to the buffer. For instance, some code to change
the title of a youtube track under point:

(defun emms-ephemeral-title (title)
  (let ((track (emms-playlist-track-at (point))))
    (emms-track-set track 'info-title title)
    (emms-with-inhibit-read-only-t
     (kill-line)
     (emms-playlist-insert-track track))))

Such a change would be indeed ephemeral, since the track doesn't
represent a file, but this information would survive if you then saved
the playlist as a native emms playlist to load it later on.