Emms automatically synchronized to GNU elpa.git

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Emms automatically synchronized to GNU elpa.git
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 10:15:39 -0400

Hello all, and particularly this is for all of you with write access to
the git repo:

The gnu.org elpa.git system will now be synchronizing our work in the
Savannah git repo with the Emacs ELPA git repo. However, and this is the
important bit, the work will not be published to Emacs users until we
increment the ";; Version:" header in "emms.el".

What does this mean for us?

Pushing Emms updates to Emacs users via ELPA will be much easier and
more streamlined. The moment we think that things are good enough we can
trigger an ELPA update by simply incrementing the version header.

Conversely, you should not change the version header in "emms.el"
without consulting the maintainer (which at the moment is me.) Indeed, I
think that only the maintainer should do that.

Highly experimental stuff can be developed and shared in remote
branches, as before, and bug fixes can be written directly to the main
git repo.

As always, thank you for all of your work.