Re: Emmms dbus or mpris integration

From: Fran Burstall (Gmail)
Subject: Re: Emmms dbus or mpris integration
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 13:25:34 +0000

On Mon, 31 Oct 2022 at 12:05, Yoni Rabkin <yoni@rabkins.net> wrote:

Björn Bidar via <emms-help@gnu.org> writes:

> The emms manual mentions emms-dbus, where can I find that?

That is just a reference to some code from someone's Emms config, and
not any official package.

> It would be really useful to have some kind of mpris integration
> in emms.

Shouldn't be too hard to implement in an Emacs with dbus.

In fact, I have an implementation of mpris for emms that I was thinking about contributing to emms.

I hesitated because:

1. I thought it was an itch that only I wanted to scratch
2. It is not a complete implementation of the mpris2 spec.  You can use it to play/pause/stop/next/previous/seek over mpris but not (for various reasons) change things like LoopStatus/Shuffle/Volume.

If you want it despite these limitations, let me know and I will push it to the git repo.

---Fran