enigma-devel

[Enigma-devel] Compile without sound?

From: Hal Rottenberg
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Compile without sound?
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:39:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Running RH7.1 system with no sound hardware.  I've installed the LUA and
SDL library RPMs mentioned on the webpage.  When I try to install enigma
RPM I get this:

error: failed dependencies:
        libogg.so.0   is needed by enigma-0.40a-1
        libsmpeg-0.4.so.0   is needed by enigma-0.40a-1
        libvorbisfile.so.0   is needed by enigma-0.40a-1
        libvorbis.so.0   is needed by enigma-0.40a-1

These are all sound libraries it seems, and I don't need those in my case,
so I was going to grab the tarball and compile manually.  Before I do
that, am I wasting my time here, will it be able to compile?  If not, I'd
like to see a nosound compile option or something.

Or maybe I could just "rpm -i --nodeps" it, but I'm sure I'll just get a
missing library error if I get very far at all.

P.S. Anybody tried to do this on cygwin/win32?

Thoughts?

thanks,

-hal