enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] enigma on 64 bits machines

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] enigma on 64 bits machines
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 13:06:30 +0200

Edwin Groothuis wrote:

> Got the report today that Enigma didn't build on the Alpha platform:
>
> http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/alpha-5-latest/enigma-0.70.log
>
> Any idea what to do about it? The culprit lies in:
> enigma-laser.o(.rodata+0xf8): relocation truncated to fit: GPREL32
> *UND*        enigma-objects.o(.rodata+0x3c8): relocation truncated to
> fit: GPREL32 *UND*     enigma-world.o(.rodata+0x200): relocation
> truncated to fit: GPREL32 *UND*
>
> I've no idea what it means or what it doesn, but g++ isn't happy with
> it :-)

I have no idea what this means either, but I'm not really sure that
Enigma is to blame.  It sounds more like a problem with g++ or binutils.
The warnings about "implicit typename"s in the error log may indicate
that a recent version of g++ is being used with an older version of
stdlibc++; I do not get these warnings with a clean g++ 3.2 install.

Besides, Enigma compiles successfully on all supported Debian
platforms, including Alpha:

        http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/e/enigma/

Cheers,
Daniel