enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] CVS: compilation problem

From: Ralf Westram
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] CVS: compilation problem
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 23:45:47 +0200

>> The configure scripts inserts
>>      -L/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib
>> infront of the SDL librieries in the linker call.
>> My gcc 2.95 resides in /opt/gcc-2.95. Normally it links fine (no
>> iostream unresolveds), but due to the above additions it fails - I
>> guess because it links against some gcc3.2-lib in /usr/lib.
> I don't think g++ 2.95 would ever use one of the g++ 3.2 libraries as
> they are stored in different version specific directories.  Are you sure
> you use the same g++ program for compiling and linking?

Yes.

> Also your
> installation directory for g++ should not make any difference, but you
> may have to add /opt/gcc-2.95/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf.  Not sure about
> that though.

Adding it to ld.so.conf does not help. I guess g++ normally knows
where to find it's libraries, because if I remove both occurances
of '-L/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib' linking works with both compiler
versions.

But the above switches seem to be generated by AM_PATH_SDL, so I can't
change it.

Ralf