enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Rename Enigma?

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Rename Enigma?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 01:21:25 +0100

Peter wrote:

> Ingo van Lil wrote:
> >> Epoxyd = E(nigma) + p + oxyd
>
> Sounds like plastic :-/
>
> I like "Dioxyd". Surprisingly only 270 Google Hits (and the hint "Did
> you mean: dioxid?")

I don't know... really

To me, Epoxide and Enoxide smack of plastic or insecticides... and I
certainly would prefer a name that doesn't have "Oxyd" in it.  Honestly,
we are already cloning the game, there's no reason to also clone the
name.

Dongleware had to invent a colourful story about Oxyd stones supplying
your very own computer with vital oxygen etc. to justify the strange
name (it *is* a strange name for a game if you think about it).  Aren't
there any nice names that are not already taken?

Daniel