enigma-devel

[Enigma-devel] Enigma under cygwin.

From: Tacvek
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Enigma under cygwin.
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:31:03 -0500

I  have been working on making it easier to compile enigma using mingw,
under cygwin. I have fixed a few of the problems I have found. There are a
few other problems, which I intend to continue to work on.

I have attached a file created using 'cvs diff > test.diff2'  that contains
a few changes..
note: I have one change that defines WINDRES, however my change overrights
the curent value if one exists, that should be fixed...  IF you have any
questions about the changes I made do not hesitate to ask.

Of the problems I have left to solve the 2 hardest seem to be:
1.) the etc/mingw-dist.sh.in file has the name of the strip executable
hardcoded to a value that is not valid in cygwin, (but may be valid under
linux, or mingw).
2.) make keeps messing with the configuration of zipios++ including
configuring it, and after doing that it runs some of the autotools.
If anybody would like to fix these please do so, and let me know.

Also note that check-in of the split stone causes many problems... the code
for that seems to be invalid. (older copies of the cvs source seem to work
though).