enigma-devel

Revision numbers broken Re: [Enigma-devel] Par-Times

From: Ralf Westram
Subject: Revision numbers broken Re: [Enigma-devel] Par-Times
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:54:04 +0100

Hi,

> please send me your .enigmarc files since I'd like to update the par
> times included in the index files.

There seem to be some problems with the revision numbers stored in
enigmarc2.

Initially they were all starting with revision number 1 (regarding my
1-year-old enigmarc's).

In the enigmarc files posted to the group today the revision numbers
differ randomly - some levels have revision number '0' other have
revision number '1' and none of these has a revision entry in the
index file.

Obviously it depends on the enigma-version the levels have been finished with
for the first time.

Current version (patch-45) reports revision '1' for zipped levelpacks
and Oxyd datafiles (which is correct), but it reports revision '0' for
"normal" enigma levels (which is wrong).

I'll try to fix this problem. It should be possible to auto-upgrade
these wrong zero-revision-numbers after loading .enigmarc2, so nobody
will the 'solved'-status for any level.

Any comments anybody?

Ralf

PS: Send more enigmarc2's please.

--
If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion.
(Lazarus Long)