enigma-devel

[Enigma-devel] Ctrl-A (was: Sokoban-levels not allways solvable)

From: Ralf Westram
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Ctrl-A (was: Sokoban-levels not allways solvable)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:12:26 +0100

>> I've uploaded a patch which reactivates the restart-keys (Shift-F3 and
>> Ctrl-A) and the time-hunt mode. Here it works fine.
> I have merged your patches into my archive.  They seem to work fine so
> far.  Btw: why ctrl-a? it's not much easier to type than shift-f3 and
> now we have two keys for the same purpose.

Come on - ^A is far way easier to type that #F3. To type #F3 I have to
bend my wrist about 80 to 90 degrees.

I chose ^A because you normally don't type it by accident and in Unix
it normally means "goto beginning of line" and it also fits perfectly
to "Again!". :)

> But I wouldn't mind using
> the Space key for that purpose (only in time hunt mode and only if the
> time has already run out).

I think keys only working sometimes are not really useful and while
time-hunting you normally restart far before the par passed by.

Ralf

--
If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion.
(Lazarus Long)