enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Top par

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Top par
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:42:06 +0100

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 03:30:33 +0000 Ron Scott wrote:

> I tried this level out in 0.90-beta and Ingo was right -- it doesn't
> work.  When I tried it in 0.90-alpha, however, it did work.  I don't know
> what the problem is -- maybe there was some change in exactly how switches
> work between versions.  As far as I can tell, there isn't anything in the
> code that would cause this or any behavior of objects I'm using that is
> clearly version-specific.

Not really, but there is something that changed between the versions:
Sending an on/off message to a switch in -alpha did only reset the
switch state.  In more recent versions however, changing the state of a
switch in *any* way also invokes the associated action.

This is what happened in duffy96: after opening the door the switches
were reset, in turn causing the door to be closed again.
I've fixed it.

- Daniel