enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Unsolvable levels

From: Jacob Scott
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Unsolvable levels
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 01:41:28 +0000

At 11:31 PM 3/6/2005 -0800, Erich Schubert wrote:
Hi,
We should re-check all levels where we currently do not have a "highscore".
This includes:
 file=duffy71      name="Don't Be Greedy"            author="Jacob Scott"

In my opinion, this level is currently unsolvable (apart from the
thieve-space-tunnels being annoyingly long). The pipeline is not
working (or do i need both pipes? looks like one is sufficient, and
two will take much much luck to get)

In general, we have a lot of levels where it is pure luck if you succeed.
This sucks.

You're right.  It is not good if we have levels that rely only on luck.
This level, though, has a method that doesn't depend at all on luck.
You do need both pipes, but there is a way to get them that doesn't
rely on luck.  I'll be glad to send a hint if you like.

Jacob Scott

Or for example "Jumping Jack Flash" - am I supposed to retry until I
manage to land in the middle? Judging from the .lua file, there is not
even an oxyd stone in that level...

Greetings,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\