enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] screen of enigma

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] screen of enigma
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:46:42 -0400

I had the previous version of Enigma on my computer which worked fine.

However my hard drive failed and I have had to download the latest version.
It is shifted out of the left side of the screen, with a black margin about 5cm wide on the right.

This sounds like you are using an analog moniter. If this is the case, the problem is actually in your video card. Analog monitors are designed to be dumb. They take the ouput of the video card and display it on the screen. However there is sometimes a problem in which the timing on the video card in two diferent resoutions are not the same. In those cases the image begins outside the viewable area. Monitors include adjustments because the timmings on different video cards will vary significantly. You can adjust those, however Windows would probably be cut off on the right hand side.

You can do one of two things:
1. Play enigma in a windowed mode. (Options-> Fullscreen -> No)
2. Adjust the Resolution of Enigma. One of themis probably better. (Options -> Video Mode)