enigma-devel

[Enigma-devel] Re: (on the subject of Enigma)

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Re: (on the subject of Enigma)
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 12:30:22 +0200

Alexander,

there isn't currently a way to programatically modify the charge of an object from Lua, although this sounds like an interesting idea. One idea would be to introduce an attribute that can be set and read from Lua using the existing attribute API.

I CC'd this answer to the enigma-devel list, as I'm not currently working actively on Enigma. Maybe this would be an interesting addition to the upcoming 1.0 release.

Cheers,
- Daniel

Alexander Stokes wrote:
(on the subject of Enigma)

I have been exploring the inner-workings of the game and was wondering what would be the most effective method of 'charging' game elements.

What I have been doing was forcing an object to touch a chargeplus or chargeminus stone, making it have the proper charge needed in my level.

Is there some function that the game uses to charge objects, like charge _object(obj1,amt)? (no rubber bands, because they strengthen when they are streched (or pull harder as the distance is increased))

--Thanks in advance
-Alexander D. Stokes